LISLE, Ill., Dec. 5, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- International® Truck today announced a new fuel efficiency package for the International® ProStar®—the International ProStar ES. The ES, short for efficiency specification, offers industry-leading aerodynamics, a drivetrain with advanced downspeeding and the most efficient rear axles in the industry. In addition, it boasts the spec'ing expertise of International's Performance Engineering Team and Navistar's proprietary OnCommand Connection™ remote diagnostics system.
"The ProStar ES is by far the highest quality and most fuel efficient package we've ever offered," said John McKinney, Navistar senior vice president, Sales and Marketing. "Our Performance Engineering Team has studied, tested and validated hundreds of vehicle, powertrain and component combinations to develop an 'optimized spec package' that maximizes fuel efficiency and is easy to order."
"The ProStar has an established reputation in the industry for being one of the most fuel efficient trucks on the road and the availability of the ProStar ES raises the bar even higher," said Jodi Presswood, vice president, Heavy-duty Truck Product Line. "We're not standing still and we'll continue to enhance this spec with increasingly more efficient components and advanced technologies."
International ProStar ES Features:
- The ProStar ES was developed to have the lowest wind averaged drag coefficient in the industry. And its supremacy in crosswinds makes it one of the most aerodynamic tractors, in real-world conditions, on the road today.
- The ProStar ES offers the Eaton Cummins SmartAdvantage™ powertrain which pairs the Cummins ISX15 with the Eaton Fuller Advantage™ automated transmission, as well as Navistar's proprietary SCR-based 13-liter engine and the Eaton Fuller Advantage™ automated transmission. Both are matched with the most efficient rear axles in the industry. The unique SmartAdvantage™ powertrain gives the ProStar ES superior downspeeding capability, allowing it to run at 150-300 fewer RPMs at cruising speed vs. previous offerings. This is part of what enables the ProStar ES to achieve an 11 percent improvement in fuel economy vs. the 2010 ProStar/MaxxForce® 13/10-speed manual baseline.
- ProStar® ES includes a three year subscription to OnCommand Connection, Navistar's predictive diagnostic system which includes a portal that monitors vehicle performance in real-time to ensure maximum operating efficiency.
- Navistar's experienced Performance Engineering Team, who developed the ProStar ES, can further optimize customer-specific specifications based on application and duty cycle.
"We have customers already running this spec today and they say it outperforms every other truck in their fleet, including other makes," Presswood added. "We are confident in the performance of this vehicle, and that the ProStar ES will serve as an ever evolving and improving platform for the industry's best fuel efficiency components and technology."
Navistar will begin taking orders for the ProStar ES later this month.
Navistar International Corporation (NYSE: NAV) is a holding company whose subsidiaries and affiliates produce International® brand commercial and military trucks, MaxxForce® brand diesel engines, and IC Bus™ brand school and commercial buses. An affiliate also provides truck and diesel engine service parts. Another affiliate offers financing services. The International® ProStar® with Cummins ISX15 and International® TerraStar® 4x4 were named 2014 heavy-duty and medium-duty commercial truck of the year, respectively, by the American Truck Dealers (ATD) association. Additional information is available at www.Navistar.com.
* All marks are trademarks of their respective owners.
SOURCE International Truck