ATLANTA, Sept. 24, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- Navistar announced that it will usher in a new era of Uptime through the industry's newest product line-up at the inaugural North American Commercial Vehicle Show (NACV).
"Navistar and International Truck are better than ever. We've made strategic investments throughout the entire company, and none are more strategic than our completely new lineup of products that are delivering industry-leading uptime," said Michael Cancelliere, president, Truck and Parts. "Our products offer our customers efficient solutions in any class of commercial vehicle and for any application with advanced technologies that support improved driver safety, productivity, fuel efficiency and minimize total cost of ownership. We are a fundamentally different company that is moving forward and taking uptime to a whole new level."
At the heart of the company's display, the International® Truck brand will showcase a redesigned Class 8 line-up, including its on-highway and vocational products. The newest vehicle will be announced on Monday afternoon, September 25.
Uptime through DriverFirst
As part of the company's Uptime mission, International introduced the DriverFirst product design philosophy over a year ago to build on International's long-standing emphasis on customer uptime by sharpening the company's focus on the driver's point of view. Drivers are looking for something comfortable and functional, with a design that helps them do their job better. Drivers that are happy behind the wheel of their truck will be safer and more productive. International Truck listened to and implemented feedback from more than 800 drivers in the development of its recently introduced product portfolio.
Products in the booth that demonstrate Uptime through DriverFirst:
- HV Series vehicle designed with power, refined DriverFirst features, and the versatility to meet the most demanding vocational applications.
- International® LoneStar®, recently updated, combines bold styling and best-in-class driver features with a number of uptime and safety enhancements.
- International® LT™ Series debuted in October 2016 is the company's flagship line of Class 8 over-the-road trucks developed through driver centric design and featuring advanced technologies that deliver unrivaled fuel efficiency, best-in-class uptime and outstanding driver satisfaction.
- International® RH™ Series, announced in April 2017, is a new Class 8 regional haul tractor powered by the new International A26 12.4L engine and designed to deliver best-in-class uptime, improved visibility, and outstanding fuel economy.
- International® HX™ Series unveiled in February 2016 is a Class 8 premium vocational truck designed to deliver the strength and endurance required for the severe service industry.
Focusing on Fuel Efficiency Advancements
The LT Series features dramatically improved aerodynamics and provides fuel efficiency that is seven percent better than the company's most recent fuel economy leader, a 2017 ProStar® with the Cummins® ISX15 engine. The LT Series with the International® A26 engine can achieve nine percent better fuel economy than the previous 2016 model engine paired with a ProStar.
International has always placed a strong emphasis on industry-leading aerodynamics as a solid foundation for fuel efficiency, and the CatalIST (International SuperTruck) delivers high-tech advancements already finding their way into production vehicles. CatalIST achieved a freight efficiency improvement of 104 percent compared to the control vehicle, exceeding the improvement goal set by the U.S. Department of Energy for the SuperTruck program.
Products in the booth that demonstrate fuel efficiency:
- International® LT™ Series with the International® A26 engine, launched earlier this year, is a powerful new 12.4-liter engine designed to provide industry-leading uptime to the Class 8 market. Driven by a commitment to deliver customer uptime, the A26 was developed through an initiative called Project Alpha, which brought together a new team of the industry's foremost powertrain engineers. The initiative pursued a fresh approach using proven components to deliver industry-leading uptime.
- CatalIST (International SuperTruck) is an innovative SuperTruck demonstration vehicle that is driving innovations achieved from the program into future commercial vehicles.
Enabling Uptime through New Engine Design, Connectivity
International continues to lead in uptime through new engine design and leveraging the power of connected services. The International A26 was designed from the ground up to deliver industry-leading uptime, durability and reliability. It is an engine with uptime built into every part of the development process, from design to calibration to testing.
Navistar has invested significantly in telematics solutions and will continue to invest in new products that improve vehicle uptime and customer relationships. OnCommand Connection Telematics Solution is the industry's only open architecture remote diagnostics system supporting more than 325,000 vehicles of all makes and models. OnCommand Connection Telematics and OnCommand Connection Advanced Remote Diagnostics are integrated with OnCommand Connection Electronic Driver Log (EDL), which automates federal Hours of Service compliance requirements that are mandated for all heavy duty trucks by December 18, 2017. The industry's largest dealer network provides Navistar with the foundation required to execute on the promise to be the leader in Uptime. Our OnCommand Connection solutions combined with the Uptime Command Center are the backbone of International's commitment to deliver industry best uptime.
Engines and connectivity solutions in the booth that enable uptime:
- International® A26 Engine
- OnCommand Connection Interactive Experience featuring: OnCommand Connection Telematics, OnCommand Connection Advanced Remote Diagnostics, OnCommand Connection Electronic Driver Log.
Looking to the Future
IC Bus is committed to lead, innovate and revolutionize the bus industry as a leading manufacturer of school buses. IC Bus applies the highest quality standards to deliver the best buses on the road and provides customers with a wide array of powertrain options to meet specific bus needs of customers. IC Bus engineers are developing the next generation powertrains for the bus of the future.
The alliance between Navistar and Volkswagen Truck and Bus is allowing both companies to move quickly toward leveraging technology investments and components. The companies are tracking well to the initial plan and cost savings estimates and together both companies are working on 13 major projects and have identified even more areas for collaboration. Together, Navistar and Volkswagen Truck & Bus expect significant synergies from both the strategic technology and supply collaboration and the procurement joint venture.
Areas of the booth that demonstrate future technologies:
- IC Bus Gasoline-Powered CE School Bus designed to make ownership more affordable and to provide easier maintenance for school districts and contractors.
- Volkswagen Truck & Bus Alliance
The entire International Truck product portfolio—from heavy-duty on-highway tractors to medium-duty and severe service vocational trucks—will be on display at the North American Commercial Vehicles Show. Visit International Truck Booth 4042 to see International's product offerings or visit www.internationaltrucks.com.
Navistar International Corporation (NYSE: NAV) is a holding company whose subsidiaries and affiliates produce International® brand commercial and military trucks, proprietary diesel engines, and IC Bus® brand school and commercial buses. An affiliate also provides truck and diesel engine service parts. Another affiliate offers financing services. Additional information is available at www.Navistar.com.
Information provided and statements contained in this report that are not purely historical are forward-looking statements within the meaning of the federal securities laws. Such forward-looking statements only speak as of the date of this report and the company assumes no obligation to update the information included in this report. Such forward-looking statements include information concerning our possible or assumed future results of operations, including descriptions of our business strategy. These statements often include words such as "believe," "expect," "anticipate," "intend," "plan," "estimate," or similar expressions. These statements are not guarantees of performance or results and they involve risks, uncertainties, and assumptions. For a further description of these factors, see the risk factors set forth in our filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission, including our annual report on Form 10-K for the fiscal year ended October 31, 2016. Although we believe that these forward-looking statements are based on reasonable assumptions, there are many factors that could affect our actual financial results or results of operations and could cause actual results to differ materially from those in the forward-looking statements. All future written and oral forward-looking statements by us or persons acting on our behalf are expressly qualified in their entirety by the cautionary statements contained or referred to above. Except for our ongoing obligations to disclose material information as required by the federal securities laws, we do not have any obligations or intention to release publicly any revisions to any forward-looking statements to reflect events or circumstances in the future or to reflect the occurrence of unanticipated events.
* All marks are trademarks of their respective owners.
SOURCE Navistar International Corporation