“Everything we do is built around the customer and the customer’s crucial needs. This new organization is dedicated to making sales and service support completely seamless and to delivering the value that will lead to our customers’ success,” said Friedrich Baumann, president, Sales, Marketing and Aftersales.
Lisle, Ill. (December 16, 2020) – Navistar has restructured its entire commercial business, responsible for selling and servicing International® trucks, IC Bus® vehicles and Navistar’s aftersales products and services, into one integrated organization, under one senior executive.
The new Sales, Marketing and Aftersales organization brings together in one group every function charged with responsibility for selling to and supporting the customer. These areas include Truck and Bus Sales, Marketing and Dealer Operations; all business units dedicated to market segments; Aftersales, including Parts, Service and Warranty; OnCommand Connection®; Used Truck; and a new function called Commercial Transformation, which focuses on building sustainable commercial success for the International® brand.
“Navistar 4.0, our enterprise-wide strategy, places customers at its core,” said Friedrich Baumann, president, Sales, Marketing and Aftersales and responsible for leading the new organization. “Everything we do is built around the customer and the customer’s crucial needs. This new organization is dedicated to making sales and service support completely seamless and to delivering the value that will lead to our customers’ success.”
Baumann joined Navistar in April 2018 as senior vice president, Strategy & Planning, after a 24-year career at Daimler Trucks North America. In March 2019, he was named Navistar’s president for Aftersales before being appointed to his new and expanded role.
Baumann also announced that a number of Navistar’s key leaders have been promoted to new executive roles within the new organization. They include:
- Joe Kory, senior vice president, Aftersales, will lead parts and service, uptime and warranty. Kory was previously senior vice president, Parts, and brings nearly 30 years of industry experience to his new role.
- Mark Belisle, vice president, Dealer Sales and Dealer Operations, will take on additional responsibility for dealer sales as a Navistar executive solely focused on dealers. Belisle, with more than 20 years at Navistar, will also continue to lead dealer operations at the company.
- Dan Kayser, vice president, National Fleet Sales, will oversee all national account and rental and leasing sales for Navistar. Kayser, with more than 20 years at the company, most recently served as its vice president, National Accounts.
- Diane Hames, vice president, Marketing, will oversee all marketing activities for International Truck, IC Bus and Navistar’s aftersales brands, including product strategy and planning, channel marketing, strategic pricing and brand marketing communications. Hames brings nearly 30 years of industry experience and most recently served as Navistar vice president, Sales Strategy and Segment Marketing.
- Chad Conley, vice president, Vocational Sales, will manage sales activity and growth for Navistar’s vocational segment through the International dealer network.
- Bruce MacWhirter, who has joined Navistar as vice president, Dealer Operations, will coach dealership operations to ensure sustainability and performance across the channel. With more than 20 years of industry experience, MacWhirter most recently served as director, Distribution Operations at Daimler Trucks North America.
- Chintan Sopariwala, group vice president, Parts, will work closely with dealers, suppliers and customers to grow the overall Parts business. He will also have responsibility for sales, product management, pricing, e-commerce, parts distribution operations and inventory and supply chain management.
- Justina Morosin assumes the new role of vice president, Commercial Transformation, the company’s plan to increase sales performance through the dealer network, which is one of the priorities of Navistar 4.0. Morosin has more than 15 years in sales and marketing roles at Navistar, including most recently as vice president, Used Truck Sales.
“It is essential that customers receive completely integrated support in the sales and aftersales process as we work to increase their uptime, reduce their total cost of ownership and improve their opportunities to benefit from today’s advanced connected technologies,” Baumann said. “Achieving that level of integration is the driving force behind our organizing ourselves in this new way.”
Navistar International Corporation (NYSE: NAV) is a holding company whose subsidiaries and affiliates produce International® brand commercial trucks, proprietary diesel engines, and IC Bus® brand school and commercial buses. An affiliate also provides truck and diesel engine service parts. Another affiliate offers financing services. Additional information is available at www.Navistar.com.
All marks are trademarks of their respective owners.
# # #