Company’s Dealer Network Announces New Equipment Donations to Support Technician Training
Lisle, Ill. (June 24, 2021) – Navistar International Corporation (NYSE: NAV) today announces the direct placement of military veterans as fully qualified service technicians through its Service Allies Initiative. Launched on Veterans Day 2020, Navistar aims to provide support and opportunity to highly qualified military veterans seeking careers within the civilian sector, while combating the trucking industry’s shortage of certified service technicians and other highly trained professionals through this program.
“Our Service Allies Initiative allows Navistar to give back to veterans who are willing to sacrifice their lives for our nation,” said Ana Salcido, manager, Navistar Technician Recruitment. “We are truly grateful for their service and honored to give them the opportunity to transition to civilian life with the security of a rewarding career opportunity. These veterans are well trained, highly experienced, and dedicated. They have all of the necessary skills to become very successful service technicians within the industry.”
With the help of VetFirst Solutions Group, which seeks to provide connections between military veterans and the Navistar dealer network, the Service Allies program provides many types of career opportunities to qualified veterans at International® truck and IC Bus® dealer locations.
“Navistar and Hill International have provided me with the opportunity to expand my training as a diesel technician by offering me hands on training with highly experienced technicians starting from my very first day on the job,” said Tyler West, a Marine Corps veteran, former military diesel technician and the first technician placed within the Service Allies Initiative. “This opportunity has given me a sense of relief transitioning into the real world knowing that I have the support I need to build a successful career. Getting out of the military is very stressful, and there is a lot of uncertainty with moving back home without knowing if you will have a job when you get there. The Service Allies program took away that stress and uncertainty and I am very blessed to have had this opportunity with Navistar.”
In addition to the initial success of the Service Allies Initiative, Navistar is continuing its efforts in supporting the growth of service technician education and training within the trucking industry with its latest donations through its equipment donation program in partnership with its dealer network. The donation program aims to grow Navistar’s relationship with technical schools across the country by assisting in curriculum development and providing students with career opportunities.
Recent donations by International truck and IC Bus dealers include:
- Tennessee College of Applied Technology in Nashville, Tennessee by Cumberland International Trucks
- Thaddeus Stevens College of Technology in Lancaster, Pennsylvania by Five Star International, LLC
- Rosedale Technical College in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania by Hill International Trucks
- Merced Union High School District in Merced, California by Interstate Truck Center
- Milwaukee Area Technical College in Milwaukee, Wisconsin by Lakeside International Trucks Milwaukee
- Cypress Fairbanks ISD in Houston, Texas by Longhorn Bus Sales
- Illinois Central Community College in Bloomington, Illinois by Rush Truck Center of Bloomington Normal
- Parkland Community College in Champaign, Illinois by Rush Truck Center of Champaign
- Lewis Clark State College in Lewiston, Idaho by Rush Truck Center of Idaho
- Richland Community College in Springfield, Illinois by Rush Truck Center of Springfield
- R.G. Drage Career Center in Massillon, Ohio by Truck Sales and Service, Inc.
- Buckeye Career Center in New Philadelphia, Ohio by Truck Sales and Service, Inc.
- Baker College Auto Diesel Institute in Owosso, Michigan by West Michigan International
“Our equipment donation program is a gratifying opportunity to give back to the technical schools who develop incredible talent for our industry” said Salcido. “We are hopeful that the Service Allies and equipment donation initiatives will continue to nurture talented up-and-coming service technicians. Navistar is proud to help individuals realize their potential in a career as a service technician.”
Navistar International Corporation (NYSE: NAV) is a holding company whose subsidiaries and affiliates produce International® brand commercial trucks, proprietary diesel engines, and IC Bus® brand school and commercial buses. An affiliate also provides truck and diesel engine service parts. Another affiliate offers financing services. Additional information is available at www.Navistar.com.
All marks are trademarks of their respective owners.
# # #